Are you passionate about quality? Want to make a difference? Want to be part of a national team of quality champions to support the business community on a long term basis? If so, this is for you and we encourage you to apply.
You will be trained and guided by high level international experts with the opportunity of obtaining an international certification in quality management (Basic Quality Professional Diploma and Advanced Quality Professional Diploma) awarded by ITC and the World Alliance for Quality.
As part of your training, we expect you be involved in outreach and awareness initiatives related to quality and also to directly assist enterprises, including exporters, processors and other actors in the value chain in the agro-foods sector over a 7-9 month period to implement quality enhancement initiatives. Once qualified, you are expected to function as master trainers (i.e train other trainers), lead quality related initiatives and to serve as part-time expert trainers and advisors at national and regional level via one or more service providers. A total of 20 Quality Champions will be selected in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
The programme will include the following short courses & components:
1. Quality 101: Introduction to Quality
2. Quality 102: Standardizing Work
3. Quality 103: Quality Assurance
4. Quality 104: Quality Control
5. Quality 105: Quality Improvement
6. Quality 106: Quality Planning
7. Quality 107: Quality Management
8. Quality 108: Managing for Quality
9. Quality 109: Service Quality and Customer Relationship Management
10. Quality 110: Quality Management System Design
11. Quality 111: Basic Problem Solving for Quality Improvement
12. Quality 112: Personal Quality and Career Development
13. Structured Problem Solving � Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
14. Food Safety
15. Transfer, adaptation and development of local courses
16. Training techniques, assessment & advisory skills, team building, meeting management, mentoring/coaching and other soft skills
17. Implementation of quality & food safety enhancement project in an exporting company, processor or producer group
We welcome individuals with a focus and passion for quality to apply. We see the teams in each country to consist of a mix of senior experts as well as younger professionals, both of whom may have a mix of skills sets related to quality management, food safety, process improvement and/or specific sector expertise.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for selection
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in quality management, production management, agro-processing, exports of agricultural products, food safety or other relevant areas.
Experts with less than 5 years' experience should have at least a Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g Science, Agriculture, Business Management, Engineering, Food science, Food technology, Quality Management or equivalent)
Availability to dedicate an average of 4 days per month over period of 1 year, out of which approximately 50% will be during working hours
Commitment to be part of a network of trainers and advisors to help others grow and develop by serving as expert trainers and advisors as well a master trainers on a long term basis via national service providers.
This training will take place in the context of the EU funded Market Access Upgrade Project (MARKUP), which aims to support increased exports of agribusiness and horticultural products from the EAC region with a particular focus on the EU market. The main sector focus by country will be as follows:
Burundi: Coffee, Tea
Kenya: Avocado, Tea Coffee
Rwanda: Coffee, Horticulture
Tanzania: Avocado, Tea, Coffee, Spices
Uganda: Coffee, Cocoa
All training will be free of charge. Transport and accommodation will be covered for regional events only. In the case of national events, a contribution to local transport and/or accommodation costs may be given in selected cases if long distance travel is involved but otherwise no financial compensation will be given during the training period.
Source: Tanzania Bureau of Standards