Pretoria - President Jacob Zuma has decided not to suspend or institute an inquiry into the fitness of Advocate Lawrence Mrwebi and Advocate Nomgcobo Jiba to hold office, says the Presidency.
The Presidency on Friday said this follows the decision of the North Gauteng High Court granting the two prosecutors leave to appeal against its earlier decision. The court had last year ordered that the names of the two advocates be removed from the roll of advocates.
"Subsequent to this decision, President had invited Jiba and Mrwebi to make written representations as to why they should not be suspended, pending the outcome of an enquiry into their fitness to hold office.
"Having considered the representations made by Jiba and Mrwebi, and the decision of the North Gauteng High Court to grant the two prosecutors leave to appeal, the President has decided not to suspend them or institute any inquiry until the finalisation of the leave process," said the Presidency.
It said the two Advocates are still on a special leave as per their arrangement with the National Director of Public Prosecutions.
Source: South African Government News Agency